100’s of Japanese Snacks, Gifts & Rad Shirts!
- Online Gaming: There’s Something for Everyone
- Titan Comics Launching BLOODTHIRSTY September 30th!
- Image Comics Brings BITCH PLANET to Local Comic Shop Day!
- FINAL FANTASY V Launches On PC Today!
- Hastings & Valiant Entertainment Team Up for “The Craft of Comics” – A Weekly Workshop Hosted Live Nationwide
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
Martian Watches Launches New Line of Out-of-This-World Notifier Smartwatches to Make Life on Earth a Little EasierJanuary 07, 2014 DarlingDork No comments
Martian Notifier Offers Style and Function at an Unmatched Price, Keeping You on Time and in Constant Contact
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — CES 2014 — Martian Watches™, a California-based, award-winning developer of fashionable wireless technologies, including the world’s first Bluetooth® voice-command smartwatch, today announces the debut of its new Martian Notifier™ line of smartwatches. Martian Notifier was designed for the fashion- and cost-conscious consumer who wants a notification-enabled smartwatch without breaking the bank, with an MSRP of just$129 USD.
The Martian Notifier line features a timeless analog design, customizable vibration patterns and an integrated OLED readout that delivers real-time alerts and notifications from the convenience of your wrist including Caller ID, Calendar, Weather, texts, email (POP or IMAP), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, favorite games, bank alerts, fitness stats, news headlines, and other alerts your smartphone allows. Vibration patterns for each type of alert are set using the free Martian App on your smartphone, letting you know if you’ve just received, for example, an email, text message or news alert without even looking at your watch, let alone your phone. The Martian Notifier App lets you filter the notification types you want sent to the watch. And you can recall past notification for a quick review.
In addition, Martian Notifier offers several convenience-oriented features. For example, a touch of a Notifier button activates your smartphone’s speakerphone, enabling hundreds of voice commands to control music, check a sports score, get directions, search the web, create a reminder or appointment, and more. You can also decline an incoming call, set silent vibrating alarms that only you will sense, get a once-an-hour tickler to remind you to take a break, turn on an LED light to see in a dark room, control your phone’s camera shutter, and more.
“We’ve brought laser focus to one of the core values of a smartwatch, that being notification of what’s going on in your world without taking your phone from your pocket or bag. Our newest line of smartwatches is stylish, simple to use, a joy to wear and affordable for nearly everyone who wants one,” said Stan Kinsey, President of Martian Watches. “We know that most people world-wide still purchase watches first and foremost for fashion. So our objective in designing the Martian Notifier was to combine a fashion-forward timepiece with the convenience of hands-free notifications on your wrist. We’ve created an affordable product that should bring clear value to the mass market of smartphone owners.”
The anti-scratch acrylic crystal and accurate quartz movement mean the Martian Notifier is sturdy enough to withstand daily wear, and it’s splash-resistant, too.
Martian Notifier is a user-friendly, stylish life manager for your wrist, and includes many of the great features that consumers have grown to love on the Martian Voice Command Series, plus new features of its own. With the Martian Notifier line, all features can be accessed using just two buttons to keep a streamlined look and provide simple convenience:
- Instantly Receive Alerts and Notifications: The feature that users feel is a “must-have” in a smartwatch.
- Customized Vibration Patterns: Now you can easily know what’s happening on your smartphone without ever looking at the watch.
- Notifications Filter: You may not want every notification shown in your phone’s notification center to show up on your wrist. With the Martian App for Notifier, you can apply filters allowing only those notifications that are important to you to show on your watch.
- View Notification History: If you miss messages, just tap the watch buttons to scroll through the history.
- “Tap Glass” Feature: Tap your watch face to dismiss an incoming or reviewed notification.
- Initiate Voice Commands Remotely: Use voice commands via your smartphone’s speakerphone.
- Decline Incoming Calls: With the push of a button, decline incoming calls without ever touching your handset. Another button will accept calls, though the call must then be taken on the phone.
- Set Silent Alarms: No need to wake your partner if you’re first up in the morning. A gentle series of vibrations on the watch will act as your silent alarm.
- Hour Repeater: Set an alert for hourly intervals to encourage active breaks throughout your day, or to just vibrate on the hour.
- Light: Activate a modest but adequate LED light to walk around a dark room at night without tripping over the dog.
- Smartphone Camera Shutter Control: With the press of a button, you can activate your smartphone camera to all time to set up the camera and get in the picture before snapping the shot. No more “my arm is too short selfies” with this handy feature.
- “Find Phone”: Locate a misplaced phone if it is within Bluetooth range, even if the phone’s sound is off.
- Character Controls: Limit the number of characters in the notification display to reduce one’s glance time.
See the complete line of Martian Watches including a preview of the new Martian Notifier at Pepcom’s Digital Experience!® on Monday, Jan. 6th at the Mirage, a must-attend media event prior to the start of the International Consumer Electronics Show®.
Tweet This: @MartianWatches Expands Line with Fashionable, Cost-Conscious Notifier Series of Smartwatches at #CES2014
Compatibility, Price & Availability
iPhone users of iOS 7 or higher now have the ability to receive every notification that is shown in the iPhone’s Notification Center. Android users can receive notifications from any app that is installed on their phone and provides a push notification.
In addition, the Martian App and Watch menus will support English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese and Korean. Texts and emails will appear on the watch in almost any language in which they are sent (Western languages and most Asian languages).
The Martian Notifier Watch line will be available in Q2 2014 for $129 USD suggested retail price.
About Martian Watches
Founded in 2007, Martian Watches is an Irvine, California-based developer of fashion-focused wireless technologies that are reshaping how we communicate with friends, family and the world. The Martian engineering team has an extensive history in Bluetooth development, having created the world’s smallest system-on-chip solution for Bluetooth wireless systems. Martian is best known for the award-winning Martian Voice Command watch and the SilverCare Personal Safety Alert Device, a two-way voice communication watch.
More Martian Notifier details and specs: www.martiannotifier.com
Martian Watches Media Kit: www.martianwatches.com/media
Martian Watch is a trademark of Martian Watches. Apple iOS is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a registered trademark of Google Inc. All other marks are trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Martian Watches
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
RelatedPosted in: Tech Tags: affordable smart watch, Bluetooth watches, CES 2014, CES International, CES Las Vegas, how much is the Martian Notifier?, Martian Notifier, Martian Notifier availability, Martian Notifier features, Martian Notifier watch line, Martian watches, Pepcom's Digital Experience, real spy watch, SilverCare Personal Safety Alert Device, Smart Watches, SmartWatches, Spy watch, Stan Kinsey Martian Watches
Love from The Slants
Follow Us on Twitter
Like Us on Facebook
Sites We Love!
This work by KD Shaw and contributing writers of DarlingDork is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Legal Right to Distribute MusicAll music downloads available on DarlingDork.com are 100% legal and authorised for re-distribution to the public free of charge via DarlingDork.com by the representing Public Relation firms and the Artists themselves associated with all music found on this website.
Awesome Games, Collectibles, Manga, Clothing & More!