100’s of Japanese Snacks, Gifts & Rad Shirts!
- THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: HYRULE HISTORIA IS DIAMOND’S #1 BOOK FOR 2014!
- DYNAMIC FORCES PRESENTS ORIGINAL ARTWORK FOR FANS AND FOR A GOOD CAUSE!
- Boise’s 2015 TREEFORT MUSIC FEST Announces Second Wave of Acts!
- Image Comics Launches Mail-Order Subscription Service: Image Direct
- VIZ MEDIA Announces Exciting NEW SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL Anime Episodes on NEON ALLEY
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
Final Day at the FortMarch 24, 2013 DarlingDork No comments
Day 4 of Treefort Music Fest brings us back to the main stage, before heading to the Egyptian Theater and Tom Grainey’s. Before the first shows though don’t miss the 12:30 panel Building A Local Music Scene. Learn the importance of why your local audience makes the scene.
Hey, 80s and 90s kids, head over to the Egyptian Theater at 6pm for Skinemax, Directed by Smash TV. This short film is set to bring us back with a full on nostalgic tour through the culture of my favorite musical era.
And on to the music. Today’s can’t miss shows include:
- Le Fleur 1pm at Main Stage
- Bad Weather California 3:10pm at Main Stage
- Youth Lagoon at Main Stage (**the program book says 5:30pm, but the Treefort website says 7pm, so you may have to pop over twice to find out for sure when this show happens. It looks to be worth the wander.)
- Possum Livin’ 9pm at Tom Grainey’s. Don’t miss one of my absolute favorite Boise bands, Possum Livin’. I love them and I will never get sick of hearing Ball and Chain with a bluegrass flare.
Depending on what time Youth Lagoon actually plays you’ll have some time to grab one of Boise’s local brews at Alefort and head over and try out the food truck rally. Depending on your mood you have lots of choices for good eats. For light island fare hit up Kanak Attack, get your meat on at St. Lawrence Gridiron or head over to the Linen Bldg, where you will find my favorite Boise pizza at The Pie Hole food truck. They always have excellent eats and vegetarian options. If you haven’t been to Boise’s Pie Hole location, what’s wrong with you? It’s cheap slices, video games and cheap PBR. When you’re finished with your slice walk over to the trucks at the Main Stage area and grab a scone from Merritt’s or a boozy cupcake from Cupcake Paradise.
Before the close of the festival, don’t forget to support your local festival and pick up your Treefort swag. I’ve got my Treefort beer koozie. Thank your coordinators, toast your favorite bands and tell us what you’re favorite show was.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
Love from The Slants
Follow Us on Twitter
Like Us on Facebook
Sites We Love!
This work by KD Shaw and contributing writers of DarlingDork is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Legal Right to Distribute MusicAll music downloads available on DarlingDork.com are 100% legal and authorised for re-distribution to the public free of charge via DarlingDork.com by the representing Public Relation firms and the Artists themselves associated with all music found on this website.
Awesome Games, Collectibles, Manga, Clothing & More!